Statement of Faith
Friends we are not ashamed of what we believe at Calvary Road Baptist Church. One important belief is that “what we believe” should be based on the Word of God.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- THE BIBLE We believe God moved on holy men of old to write the inspired Word of God. We further believe that God has divinely preserved His Word in the AV 1611 KJV. We use only the King James Bible for all our teaching and preaching.
- GOD We believe in the existence of one and only one living and true God; an infinite intelligent Spirit, having a definite, distinctive personality. He is the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth. He is inexpressibly glorious in His holiness and worthy of all possible honor. This God is due all our confidence, allegiance, love and worship. We further believe that in the unity of the Godhead there are three persons. The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. The same in essence, equal in attributes and in every divine perfection. We believe that this three in One executes distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption and salvation of mankind.
- JESUS CHRIST We believe in the miraculous virgin birth and the absolute deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. His sacrificial, substitutionary death on the cross of Calvary to make atonement for sin by the shedding of His own precious blood once for all. His literal bodily resurrection, His ascension to heaven from the Mount of Olives, in His intercession for the Saints at the right hand of God the Father, and in His visible, bodily and pre-millennial return.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT We believe in the personality, deity and power of the Holy Spirit of God, and in the efficiency of His work in the enlightenment, regeneration, sanctification, empowerment, resurrection and glorification of each believer.
- MAN We believe in the creation of man in holiness, by a direct act of God and not by an evolutionary process. We believe in the terrible reality of the fall of man, and the total, universal depravity of mankind, which has rendered him helpless, and hopeless of salvation from sin by his own efforts.
- CHRISTIAN WALK We believe that it is the obligation of every believer to witness by word and deed the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to live a separated life unto God before men.
- SATAN We believe in the reality and personality of the devil, who, together with a great multitude of other angels, fell from his first estate to become the enemy of God, man and all righteousness. We believe the devil is a spirit who now works in the children of disobedience, blinding, deceiving and enticing them. The devil and his angels will ultimately be cast into the burning lake of fire.
- SALVATION We believe in the redemption and salvation of sinners by grace alone, through the Son of God, who, by the shedding of His own blood on the cross of Calvary, made a complete atonement for sins once for all. We believe in the full and free forgiveness of all sins of any and all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their own personal Saviour. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration as the initial step to salvation and sinners must be born again in order to be saved. We believe the new birth is instantaneous and not a process. We believe that all who are saved are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit immediately when they are saved. We believe that when sinners are converted, a legal transaction takes place: that their sins are imputed to Christ and that Christ’s righteousness is imputed to them at the time of salvation. We reject all other such teachings that either deny the “whosoever will” invitation of the scriptures or add works to grace as a means of salvation.
- ETERNAL SECURITY We believe all who are saved by grace are also kept by grace. We believe upon their death or the rapture, they will be in heaven for eternity. In short we do not believe you can “fall from grace”
- HEAVEN AND HELL We believe there is a radical and essential difference between the believing righteous and the unbelieving wicked. We believe only those who are justified by faith (the saved) in the finished work of Jesus on the cross will be taken to heaven to be with Him. We believe all those who reject Christ and never received the free gift of Salvation will be cast into the lake of fire to suffer for their sins for eternity.
- THE CHURCH We believe a truly scriptural church is a congregation of born again believers who have been baptized by immersion, voluntarily associated together in fellowship for the purpose of edifying one another, observing the ordinances of Christ, preaching the Gospel and caring for one another in love and charity. We believe the church is completely free from religious hierarchy (independent) and free to cooperate or associate or withhold from cooperation and association with other similarly scriptural local churches as they see fit. We believe the church which is His body is composed of the entire company of believers in Christ, whether Jew or Gentile, regardless of present position in heaven or on earth.
- MISSIONS We believe a scriptural church is one that supports the preaching of the Gospel to every creature on the face of the earth. We will give money for missions, pray for missions and do all we humanly can to reach the world with the Gospel of the saving grace of God.
- WORSHIP IN THE CHURCH We believe and practice a traditional worship service. They that worship must worship in Spirit and in Truth. WE believe in songs and hymns and spiritual songs. We DO NOT believe in speaking in tongues as a practice for believers or in the worship service. We believe that our giving of tithes and offerings is part of our Worship. All worship is for the Glory of God.
- BAPTISM We believe all born again believers should obey the Lord in water baptism by immersion. We believe baptism is for born again believers only. It has no saving power but rather is an answer of a good conscience toward God and is a picture of the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and, as such, is the believer’s open testimony of what has happened in his heart.
- THE LORD’S SUPPER We believe it is the privilege and responsibility of baptized believers to take part in the service along with other children of God who are walking in the light and in obedience to God’s Word. We believe the bread and the grape juice are symbols only of Jesus’ blood and His body and have no saving power in themselves. The service is a commemoration and memorial of what Jesus did for sinners on the cross and it is to be observed to show forth those things until He comes again. We believe every believer should examine himself and they that partake of the Lord’s Supper should be called unto more obedience and personal holiness.
- SEPARATION We believe believers should be separated from worldly or sinful practices unto a life of Christian influence and service. It is the duty of every believer to abstain from all appearance of evil and to avoid things whereby a brother or sister is made weak and caused to stumble. We are to give no offense in anything, but by love to serve one another.
- THE SECOND COMING We believe in the pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ in the air to catch away His Bride, the church. We believe those who sleep in Jesus will be brought with Him and the dead in Christ shall rise first and then all other believers who are alive and remain shall be caught up together to meet the Lord in the air. We further believe the Lord is not coming to catch away a particular denomination or sect, but rather to receive all blood-washed believers in the air no matter what their church affiliation. We believe those who are left behind who have heard the Gospel in this age and rejected it will receive a strong delusion from God and will believe the lie of the anti-christ and be damned.
For more about us vist: https://calvaryroadbaptistchurch.com/about-us/